1987 STEINBERGER XL2/5 Narrow NEWBURGH
This bass is no longer for sale (sold on 2009-03-08)
Price : US $2,309.
This auction is for a 1987 Steinberger XL2/5 narrow, serial number 4571, built at the Newburgh NY factory. This is the model that has the same neck width as a 4 string XL2, and can be converted to 4 string, if a 4 string bridge and head piece can be obtained. I purchased it used from a music store in 1997. Also included is a non-original Steinberger gigbag in mint condition, and also a genuine steinberger strap also in perfect condition.
The bass is in good playing condition. As far as I am aware it is all original, with the exception that I fitted 5 new stainless steel string claws purchased here on eBay. It has some fret wear, and several minor scuffs and scratches, etc, the most obvious blemishes being -
- Two screw holes above the pickups, where the previous owner attached a thumb rest.
- A small chip in the finish below the neck pickup volume control
- A small chip at top corner of faceplate adjacent to 22nd fret
- Small scratches on faceplate above bridge, and above neck pickup
- Belt buckle wear on the swivel (lapstrap)
- A couple of small dings on the back of the body, and light scuffing from the movement of the swivel
- Small scratch on back of neck around 14th fret
- Scuff on back of neck between nut and 1st fret
This bass is sold (sold on 2009-03-08)
Post a comment on 1987 STEINBERGER XL2/5 Narrow NEWBURGH :